Your Strategic Partner for Digital Transformation
Damo Consulting focuses exclusively on the healthcare market with a strong understanding of the provider and payer space. We make it our mission to explore, understand, and evaluate the most pressing issues at the intersection of healthcare and technology, specifically in the context of digital transformation in healthcare. In a post COVID-19 era, we help healthcare enterprises undergo the transformation with greater speed, less risk, and more certainty.
Our Enterprise Healthcare Clients Are Looking For:
- An accelerated pathway to digital engagement and virtual care models in a post COVID-19 era.
- Deep market insights that inform the prioritization of high-impact initiatives to support the transformation.
- A well-designed strategy and roadmap that aligns with organizational goals.
- The right technology architecture and partnerships to enable the transformation rapidly and deliver measurable results.
Damo Consulting is Your Extended Digital Transformation Office
Digital transformation is accelerating in healthcare as a result of the overnight shift to virtual care models in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, digital maturity varies widely across enterprises and technology solution providers. We help our clients make informed choices for a technology-enabled digital transformation roadmap that can be implemented rapidly in phases to meet organizational objectives.
Digital Transformation Strategy and Roadmaps
Our highly experienced technology and digital strategy experts work closely with clients to answer key questions related to digital transformation:
- What are the enterprise goals for digital transformation?
- What are the key focus areas for digitalization in the near and medium term ?
- What is our roadmap to get to the future state?
- How do we build a business case for a multi-year financial commitment to digital transformation?
- How do we address modernization needs for core infrastructure technology in the digital transformation journey?
- What internal/external technology capabilities are required to enable the transformation?
- How do we quickly identify and select the right technology partners to implement the roadmap?
- How do we set up a governance model for success with digital transformation?
Damo Consulting uses an agile approach that leverages proprietary methodology and frameworks to accelerate the transformation process.
Market overview, workshops & brainstorming, discovery of stakeholder needs, future state modeling
Identifying high-impact initiatives and solution options to transform patient/caregiver journeys
Technology strategy & partner selection
Solution strategy, architecture recommendations, vendor research & evaluation, RFI/RFP
Digital transformation office
Digital charter, budgeting & planning, program management, governance and change management
Business value realization
Budgeting and planning, industry benchmarks. benefits and value analysis, funding and resource allocation
Digital front door
Digital product and innovation strategy, UI/UX and interface design, persona and journey maps
Technology Selection and Strategic Sourcing
Making the right technology choices requires a careful assessment of choices and a structured approach to technology partner selection. We help clients navigate these complex decisions and make the most of their technology budget.What is the value you attach to making the right technology partner selection decision?
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the shift to digital health and virtual care models. Making the right technology choices has far-reaching implications for organizational performance.
This is where you need a specialist firm such as Damo Consulting with deep insights and connections in the healthcare technology markets. By leveraging our experiences and best practices form other healthcare organizations, we can help you find the technology provider that’s truly a match for your needs based on their qualifications and their work for organizations similar to yours. We bring an objective approach and a structured methodology with ready-to-use frameworks and templates to ensure a consistent, fair and efficient process that will deliver rapid results for your organization.
Our ICEA™ vendor evaluation framework is based on mapping the solution provider arena into four major categories with your organization at the center of the competitive focus. Competitors may sit in more than one category in this evolving landscape of technology solution providers. We help your organization understand the position, offerings, and advantages of providers in each market segment to provide a comprehensive understanding of available choices.
Damo Consulting is a fully vendor-agnostic consulting firm. Our recommendations on technology choices and vendor selection are always based on an objective assessment of what is right for your organization.
With over 20 years of market experience, we have developed deep knowledge and expertise in the healthcare technology vendor landscape. We help identify strategic partners that demonstrate:
- Alignment to client needs
- The right capabilities
- Track record and customer references
- A compelling vision and strategy for the healthcare market
Damo Consulting provides:
- Market research on the solution provider landscape
- Facilitating vendor capability presentations
- RFP and bid management
- Price benchmarking
- Contract negotiation and renegotiations
Beyond Initial Vendor Selection
After you have selected your technology partner, we remain involved and provide the following services:
- Contract governance and VMO support
- Value and benefits capture and reporting
- Facilitating quarterly/annual reviews on vendor performance
- Ongoing research and market intelligence on technology trends and vendor landscape
- Executive briefings with technology vendor leadership
We help our healthcare clients improve operational and financial performance while managing strategic and operational risk with their technology partner choices. We have saved tens of millions of dollars through the identification and selection of the right partners, thoughtful negotiation of pricing and contract terms, and above all, with a single-minded focus on ensuring the right technology and partner choices for our client needs.
Real World Client Outcomes:
- Completed a comprehensive capabilities assessment of nearly 30 technology vendors for an academic medical center conducted to provide a range solutions for their digital innovation initiatives. Learn more >
- Driving SLA performance improvements and potential for $20 Million in savings for ITO contract. Learn more >
Emerging Tech & Innovation Management
- Readiness assessment
- Adoption strategies
- Provider selection
- Contract structuring
- Pricing Negotiations
Advanced Analytics Strategy
Damo Consulting guides health systems in developing business cases and advanced analytics roadmaps based on deep insights and research on emerging use cases across the health care continuum from inside the enterprise as well as from peer organizations. Based on expertise and experience gained over a decade, Damo Consulting experts work with technology solution providers, CMIO’s and Chief Analytics and Data Officers to:
- Develop and validate the business case
- Identify and evaluate data sources
- Research high value use cases associated with advanced analytics and AI
- Develop and implement advanced analytics roadmaps
- Measure outcomes and ROI
- Innovation model development
- Build vs. buy decisions
- High-impact initiative prioritization
- Startup evaluation and due diligence
- Risk assessment and management
- Outcomes and ROI tracking for innovation strategies
Digital Product Design and UX Strategy
Our Design and UX Strategy group is made up of a list of senior entrepreneurs, makers, strategists, designers, technologists, researchers, and creative thinkers. As digital innovation consultants, each team member brings their unique skills, passions, knowledge and diverse points of view together to tackle complex problems, discover new opportunities and drive change through innovation. We exist to support successful product innovation with human-centered design, strategy, research and planning services.
What We Offer
User Experience Design
Your users want experiences that are meaningful, relevant and delightful. We will help you go beyond giving your customers what they say they want or providing checklist features. Using a human-centered design approach, we tackle the most difficult product challenges, turning insights into innovative products based on real customer needs, new technical possibilities, and business viability.
Design & UX Strategy
We partner with your team to merge business objectives with creative solutions that go beyond simply “look and feel”. By surfacing a deep understanding of our client’s industry domain, competitors, business goals and opportunities we formulate an executable design strategy to turn insights into innovative products based on real customer needs, new technical possibilities, and business viability.
User Interface Design
Good UI Design is the process of crafting a common visual language that allows the users interaction to be as simple and efficient as possible and to make it easy for the user to accomplish their goals and solve their problems. We transfer your brand’s strengths and visual assets to a product’s interface to best enhance the user’s experience across all platforms.
Product strategy focuses on what you should invest in building and why it is important. It is an intersection of user needs, business goals and technological viability. Our senior team of strategists, technologists, researchers, and creative thinkers help you answer questions such as:
- What customer problems should we focus on solving?
- What business goals, such as brand positioning, financial growth, increase in market share, improvement in customer lifetime value, etc., are we trying to achieve?
- How do we push our technology forward to gain a competitive advantage?
A great product strategy tells the full story of why, what and how: It explains why your product matters, what you aim to accomplish and how you will do it.
Our Product Design and Strategy process is meant to confirm the direction of your product or service, create and validate the concept, and strategically plan the execution – taking your concept from idea to implementation to launch.
Confirm the direction of your innovation
- Market Analysis
- User Research
- Digital Strategy
- Business Analysis & Modeling
- Scope & Creative Brief
Create and validate your concept.
- Concept Validation
- Design Sprint
- Interaction Design
- Journey Mapping
- Storytelling & Presentation
Strategically plan your execution.
- Digital Prototype
- Visual Design
- Detailed Wireframes
- Roadmap Prioritization
- Backlog & Implementation Plan
You Can Innovate Effectively. Start Now.
Digital transformation in healthcare is a multi-year, ongoing effort. Our mission is to help healthcare CIOs and Chief Digital Officers with the complex decision-making and trade-offs involved in the journey and keep pace with rapid change in the technology landscape.
Latest in Healthcare Digital Transformation
Research and Resources from Damo Consulting
COVID-19 Telehealth Program Highlights of the CARES Act Download Content: Background for connected care services COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application process and information Evaluation process Connected
What health systems must do to accelerate digital transformation In a recent study based on focus group discussions with 40 health system CIO’s who are
The current state of healthcare digital transformation Digital transformation in healthcare, though a reality, does not have any clear definitions. Damo Consulting’s research suggests there
Helping Chief Digital Officers with Complex Decision Making
Damo helps large regional health system with patient access solutions The client, a major regional health system in the eastern United States, serves over 3
Damo helps large regional health system with vendor selection for API platform strategy The client, a major regional health system in the eastern United States,
Digital innovation strategy and capabilities assessment for an academic medical center The client is a multi-state, non-profit health system affiliated to one of the oldest