Accelerate Your Digital Transformation in Healthcare With Us
We Focus Exclusively on Healthcare Markets
Damo Consulting focuses exclusively on the healthcare market with a strong understanding of the provider and payer space. We make it our mission to explore, understand, and evaluate the most pressing issues at the intersection of healthcare and technology. With our extensive experience and deep knowledge of the health IT and digital health landscape, we help healthcare enterprises undergo the transformation with greater speed, less risk, and more certainty.
Damo Consulting’s DigiMTM Digital Maturity Model helps assess the digital maturity of health systems. Digital transformation leaders can use the assessment to benchmark themselves against their peers in the industry and develop a roadmap for accelerating their transformation journeys.
Our offerings to enable your digital transformation journey
Damo Consulting partners with health systems leaders to harness emerging technologies and drive data and analytics strategies. Our advanced analytics experts can be your strategic partners in leveraging AI and ML technologies. Learn how we can help you ensure compliance with CMS interoperability requirements.
Digital Transformation Advisory Services
Damo Consulting is your strategic partner for developing and implementing digital roadmaps
Our highly experienced technology and digital strategy experts work closely with clients to answer key questions related to digital transformation in healthcare:
- What are the enterprise goals for digital transformation?
- What are our digital health priority initiatives?
- What is our roadmap to get to the future state?
- How do we build a business case for a multi-year financial commitment to digital transformation?
- How do we set up a governance model for success with digital transformation?
Damo Consulting uses an agile approach that leverages proprietary methodology and frameworks to accelerate the transformation process.
Our Advisory services
- Digital maturity assessment
- Telehealth and virtual care strategies
- Competitive benchmarking
- Strategic goals and investment business case
- Stakeholder surveys and research
- Prioritization and dependencies
- Journey maps and user experience design
- Implementation roadmaps
- Solution strategy
- Technology architecture
- Vendor identification and screening
- RFI/RFP management
- Vendor management and governance
- Digital transformation charter
- Budgeting & planning
- Governance and change management
- Program management
Technology Selection and Strategic Sourcing
Making the right technology choices requires a careful assessment and a structured approach to partner selection
✓ How do we quickly identify and screen the right solution partners to implement the roadmap?
✓ How do we conduct a structured evaluation of vendors in a short time?
✓ How do I ensure I am adequately leveraging all my current technology investments?
✓ What internal capabilities are required to support and enable the transformation?
✓ What should be my governance model for a multi-vendor technology solutions environment?
What is the value you attach to making the right technology partner selection decision?
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the shift to digital health and virtual care models. Making the right technology choices has far-reaching implications for organizational performance.
This is where you need a specialist firm such as Damo Consulting with deep insights and connections in the healthcare technology markets. Our deep experience in health IT and our knowledge of the digital health solutions landscape can help you find the partner that’s truly a match for your needs based on their qualifications and their work for organizations similar to yours.
Leveraging our Damo ICEATM framework, we bring an objective approach and a structured methodology with ready-to-use frameworks and templates to ensure a consistent, fair, and efficient process that will deliver rapid results for your organization.
Our ICEA™ vendor evaluation framework is based on mapping the solution provider arena into four major categories with your organization at the center of the competitive focus. Competitors may sit in more than one category in this evolving landscape of technology solution providers. We help your organization understand the position, offerings, and advantages of providers in each market segment to provide a comprehensive understanding of available choices.
Damo Consulting is a fully vendor-agnostic consulting firm. Our recommendations on technology choices and vendor selection are always based on an objective assessment of what is right for your organization.
With over 20 years of market experience, we have developed deep knowledge and expertise in the healthcare technology vendor landscape. We help identify strategic partners that demonstrate:
✓ Alignment to client needs
✓ The right capabilities
✓ Track record and customer references
✓ A compelling vision and strategy for the healthcare market
By leveraging our DamoIntelTM digital health intelligence platform, you can quickly research and screen your technology solution provider choices and learn about your industry peers who have implemented similar solutions.
Damo Consulting provides advisory services that include:
- Market research on the solution provider landscape
- Facilitating vendor capability presentations
- Facilitating knowledge-sharing sessions with peer executives in other health systems
- RFP and bid management
- Contract negotiations
Beyond Initial Vendor Selection
After you have selected your technology partner, we remain involved and provide the following services:
- Contract governance and VMO support
- Value/benefits capture and reporting
- Facilitating quarterly/annual reviews on vendor performance
- Ongoing research and market intelligence on technology trends and vendor landscape
- Executive briefings with technology vendor leadership
We help our healthcare clients improve operational and financial performance while managing strategic and operational risk with their technology partner choices. We have saved tens of millions of dollars through the identification and selection of the right partners, thoughtful negotiation of pricing and contract terms, and above all, with a single-minded focus on ensuring the right technology and partner choices for our client needs.
Real World Client Outcomes:
Data, Analytics, And Emerging Technologies
Damo advises healthcare enterprises on harnessing emerging technologies to gain operating efficiencies and drive innovation. We work with clients with clients on their data interoperability strategies and regulatory compliance with CMS guidelines.
Healthcare is still in the early stages of cloud migration—which means there are many unknowns for the average enterprise healthcare system. Damo brings clarity to these critical decisions so that hospitals can capture the value of the cloud.
- Readiness assessment
- Adoption strategies
- Provider selection
- Contract structuring
- Pricing Negotiations
Read our thought leadership on cloud strategies
- Evaluating health clouds: a primer (white paper)
- Amit Zavery and Aashima Gupta, Google Cloud: We are teaching cloud to speak the healthcare industry language (Podcast)
- Pamela Landis, Hackensack Meridian Health: How HMH used AWS to scale up their website infrastructure to handle increased traffic for vaccine appointments online? (Podcast)
Advanced Analytics Strategy
Healthcare enterprises need an approach to advanced analytics for driving improved experiences and managing outcomes and costs in a value-based care era. Healthcare executives need to learn the language of advanced analytics and build a roadmap for harnessing insights from data with new technologies such as AI and machine learning. At the same time, new and emerging sources of health data are adding volume, speed and complexity to the management and analysis of healthcare data.
Damo Consulting guides health systems in developing business cases and advanced analytics roadmaps based on deep insights and research on emerging use cases across the health care continuum from inside the enterprise as well as from peer organizations. Based on expertise and experience gained over a decade, Damo Consulting experts work with technology solution providers, CMIO’s and Chief Analytics and Data Officers to:
- Develop and validate the business case
- Identify and evaluate data sources
- Research high value use cases associated with advanced analytics and AI
- Develop and implement advanced analytics roadmaps
- Measure outcomes and ROI
Read our thought leadership on data and advanced analytics strategies
Interoperability and the CMS final ruling
Digital transformation in healthcare needs to keep track of performance metrics and federal compliance guidelines to ensure appropriate reimbursements and avoidance of penalties. Large health systems are investing increasingly in improving web portal experiences, deploying digital front door solutions for online access, and investing in multi-channel communication to engage better with patients and consumers.
Damo Consulting helps clients with:
- Assessment: Identify the right metrics to track and compare with industry benchmarks
- Gap analysis: Identify the gaps in reporting parameters and help determine improvement areas. Identify the regulatory measures that can give the enterprise the maximum scores that can be achieved
- Improvement: Redesign processes and improve the performance by addressing the appropriate operating, administrative, clinical, and financial metrics
Measuring patient engagement and regulatory compliance and its effectiveness at every stage and each touch point of the patient journey helps organizations stay ahead of the competition. Areas we can help with:
Healthcare policy regulations are changing constantly. Compliance with the relevant policies requires healthcare enterprises understand the current guidelines and address gaps proactively. Reach out to learn how we can help:
- Compliance to Regulatory measures (MIPS-MACRA, HEDIS)
- Interoperability and Patient Access
- Telehealth guidelines
- ACO Measures
Read our thought leadership on data interoperability