Damo Consulting: Accelerating Digital Transformation in Healthcare
Damo Consulting focuses exclusively on the healthcare market with a strong understanding of the provider space. We make it our mission to explore, understand, and evaluate the most pressing issues at the intersection of healthcare and technology, specifically in the context of digital transformation in healthcare. As a result, we reliably help health systems undergo this transformation with greater speed, less risk, and more certainty.
Our Enterprise Healthcare Clients Are Looking For:
- Market insights that inform the prioritization of high-impact initiatives.
- A well-designed strategy and roadmap that aligns with organizational goals.
- The right technology architecture and partnerships to enable the transformation.
- The ability to execute at scale and deliver measurable results.
Digital Transformation Advisory Services
Damo Consulting is Your Fractional Chief Digital Officer
Digital transformation is in early stages in healthcare. Digital maturity varies widely across enterprises and technology solution providers. We help our clients understand the constraints and trade-offs to make informed choices for a technology-enabled digital transformation roadmap that can be implemented in phases to meet organizational objectives.
Digital Transformation Strategy and Roadmaps
Our team works closely with clients to develop and execute enterprise digital roadmaps.
We help answer key questions related to digital transformation:
- What are the enterprise goals for digital transformation?
- What are the key focus areas for digitalization ?
- How do we assess the current state of digital across the enterprise ?
- What is our roadmap to get to the future state?
- How do we build a business plan case for investment?
- What challenges do we have to address in the digital transformation journey ?
- What internal/external technology capabilities are required to enable the transformation?
Identify pain points and map the journey line with in-depth market research and internal surveys
Maximize existing assets and identify the right technology partners for current and future innovation
Support implementation, measure benefits captured, provide reporting and forecasting for ongoing improvement
- Digital strategy workshops
- Digital roadmaps
- Digital platform strategy
- Innovation management
- Partner selection
- Business case development
Technology Selection & Strategic Sourcing
The right technology choices will always include tradeoffs. We help clients navigate these complex decisions and make the most of their technology budget.
With so many providers in the healthcare market, competition for your digital transformation dollars is steep. Our vendor evaluation framework is based on mapping the solution provider arena into four major categories with your organization at the center of the competitive focus. Competitors may sit in more than one category in this evolving landscape of technology solution providers. We help your organization understand the position, offerings, and advantages of providers in each market segment to provide a comprehensive understanding of available choices.
Damo Consulting is a fully vendor-agnostic consulting firm. Our recommendations on vendor selection, outsourcing, and technology partnerships are always based on objective assessment.
With over 20 years of market experience, we have developed deep knowledge and expertise in the vendor landscape. We help identify strategic partners that demonstrate:
- Alignment to client needs
- The right capabilities
- Track record and customer references
- A compelling vision and strategy
Beyond Initial Vendor Selection
Damo Consulting provides:
- RFP and bid management
- Contract negotiation and renegotiations
- Governance and VMO support
We help our health systems clients improve operational and financial performance while managing strategic and operational risk.
Emerging Tech & Innovation Management
- Readiness assessment
- Adoption strategies
- Provider selection
- Contract structuring
- Pricing Negotiations
Advanced Analytics Strategy
Healthcare enterprises need an approach to advanced analytics for driving improved experiences and managing outcomes and costs in a value-based care era. Healthcare executives need to learn the language of advanced analytics and build a roadmap for harnessing insights from data with new technologies such as AI and machine learning. At the same time, new and emerging sources of health data are adding volume, speed and complexity to the management and analysis of healthcare data. Damo Consulting guides health systems in developing business cases and advanced analytics roadmaps based on deep insights and research on emerging use cases across the health care continuum from inside the enterprise as well as from peer organizations. Based on expertise and experience gained over a decade, Damo Consulting experts work with technology solution providers, CMIO’s and Chief Analytics and Data Officers to:
- Develop and validate the business case
- Identify and evaluate data sources
- Research high value use cases associated with advanced analytics and AI
- Develop and implement advanced analytics roadmaps
- Measure outcomes and ROI
We helped a global technology firm with an advanced analytics offerings strategy and a roadmap to achieve specified growth goals.
Learn More >
- Innovation model development
- Build vs. buy decisions
- High-impact initiative prioritization
- Startup evaluation and due diligence
- Risk assessment and management
- Outcomes and ROI tracking for innovation strategies
You Can Innovate Effectively. Start Now.
Digital transformation in healthcare is a multi-year, ongoing effort. Our mission is to help healthcare CIOs and Chief Digital Officers with the complex decision-making and trade-offs involved in the journey and keep pace with rapid change in the technology landscape.
Tune in to The Big Unlock podcast to hear what other healthcare CIOs, Chief Digital Officers, and Health IT executives are doing to accomplish digital transformation.
Research and Resources from Damo Consulting
Damo Consulting’s research suggests there is a set of common themes that healthcare executives refer to when discussing digital transformation. In this paper, we discuss
Healthcare CIOs across the board are deeply involved in enterprise digital transformation today, with many either carrying the additional responsibility of Chief Digital Officer or