Damo helps premier NYC health system with board approval for a multi-phase enterprise digital roadmap
The client is a premier health system and academic medical center based in New York that services over 3 million patients and employs over 30,000 associates.
The client had undertaken a telehealth program in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and was looking at multiple digital front door and patient communication initiatives to serve the needs of patients and caregivers. The client engaged Damo Consulting to develop a detailed roadmap of initiatives that would align with the enterprise digital transformation needs and position the system to compete more effectively in their markets.
Approach and results:
Working closely with the executive sponsor and the patient experience transformation office, Damo’s senior consultants carried out a comprehensive current state assessment to evaluate the client’s internal priorities as well as the competitive marketplace to develop a multi-phase roadmap for digital patient engagement. The specific aspects of the engagement included:
- Detailed assessment of the competitive landscape in terms of known digital initiatives and technology architecture choices.
- Internal survey covering over 150 leaders across the enterprise on broad priority areas and individual digital health programs.
- 1:1 interviews with the executive leadership of the enterprise.
By leveraging our work with large-scale digital transformation in similar enterprise and our proprietary research platform DamoIntelTM, we were able to:
- Rapidly identify high-priority marketplace priorities,
- Align them to the client’s specific context, and
- Develop price benchmark data that informed a comprehensive digital strategy and investment at the board level for implementation approval.
Over an 8-week period, Damo helped define and validate a set of 35 initiatives for the digital roadmap, including high-level budgets and a business case for a multi-year financial commitment. To implement the roadmap, Damo recommended an org model and structure for effective governance and acceleration of the roadmap.