Damo helps large health system with enterprise digital roadmap implementation
The client is a large integrated health system that is widely recognized for the development of innovative care delivery models.
The client had undertaken a multi-year multi-phase approach to digital transformation that included core IT functions and a range of patient-facing initiatives. The system had set up a digital transformation office under a dedicated senior leader with a charter that included driving transformation initiatives across the enterprise. To support this massive effort, the client engaged Damo Consulting as an integral part of the transformation office to support and accelerate the implementation of the initiatives.
Approach and results:
Working closely with senior leaders across the enterprise, Damo Consulting helped set up a governance framework for validating and implementing identified digital priorities in the digital roadmap. Specific aspects of the engagements included:
- Developing a charter for the DTO
- Validating the digital roadmap and business case for individual initiatives.
- Establishing a communication process among a large group of enterprise stakeholders on the status of various initiatives including budgets, timelines, and dependencies.
- Establishing a technology strategy and governance framework for prioritization and oversight of system selection for individual initiatives.
- Managing RFI/RFP processes to select best-in-class technology partners.
Senior consultants from Damo Consulting were assigned to work with sponsors and key stakeholders to clarify needs, establish timelines and milestones, and advance the various initiatives to completion and transition to respective owners for the next phase of implementation. Leveraging in-house research and deep connections across the technology vendor ecosystem, Damo enabled:
- The selection of best-in-class partnerships,
- Benchmarking against industry peer systems, and
- Actively participating in contract negotiations.
During the engagement, Damo functioned as an extension of the client’s organization, providing expert guidance and presenting strategic options for various tracks in the digital roadmap and communicating with the DTO leader and other members of executive leadership on the status of various tracks and incorporating recommendations for implementing program goals. Working closely with senior functional leaders, Damo consultants worked closely with individual owners of the DTO program tracks to support the implementation of near-term transformation needs while facilitating the discovery of future state program goals and developing suitable technology architecture choices. Through a structured approach to needs evaluation and technology selection, Damo Consulting delivered over $ 10 M in tangible benefits over a six-month period.