Healthcare is in the early stages of a digital transformation. However, the definition of digital varies from health system to health system, as does the implementation of digital programs. CIOs are driving digital transformation in many health systems. They are responsible for developing a digital roadmap for the enterprise and working with cross-functional stakeholders to implement the roadmap.
The online focus group discussion aims to assess the current state of digital transformation in healthcare and to gather valuable feedback from participants on their experiences and learnings from digital transformation initiatives in their own organizations. The discussion seeks to learn participants’ views on the following aspects:
- What does “digital” mean?
- What are the key elements of a digital transformation strategy and roadmap?
- What are critical success factors for executing a digital transformation strategy?
- What have been the learnings in executing a digital transformation program?
- What are the key technology choices to consider in a digital transformation roadmap?
Damo Consulting shared research on the current state of digital, based on public information, surveys, as well as learnings from our consulting engagements with leading health systems such as Cleveland Clinic. We used the research to drive the discussion.
- The key elements of a digital transformation program, and the current state of digital in healthcare
- The technology choices and tradeoffs in executing a digital transformation roadmap
- Best practices and learnings from health systems CIO’s in their digital transformation journey
About Paddy Padmanabhan
Paddy Padmanabhan is an award-winning growth strategist, business leader and entrepreneur with deep experience in healthcare technology markets. He has worked extensively in the healthcare sector as a consultant and trusted advisor to C-suite executives in large global corporations and technology startups. Paddy is the Founder and CEO of Damo Consulting Inc., a Chicago-based Healthcare Digital Transformation Advisory Firm.
Prior to starting Damo Consulting, Paddy held senior leadership positions at global technology firms including Accenture and Wipro and was in two VC-funded Silicon Valley advanced analytics companies that went through successful exits.
A well-known writer and speaker on health IT and digital transformation, Paddy is the author of the book The Big Unlock – Harnessing Data and Growing Digital Health Businesses in a Value-Based Care Era and writes a regular column in CIO online as well as other industry publications on healthcare technology trends. He also hosts a podcast featuring senior healthcare industry and technology executives.
Paddy is a graduate of the executive management program of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, holds an MBA from Indian Institute of Management, and a B.S in Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology.